Apartment fire kills cat and displaces owner
WICHITA, Kansas -- An apartment fire on South Hydraulic, originating from a refrigerator claimed the life of a cat, displaced its owner and caused $10,000 in damage.
Fire crews were called to the Falcon Pointe apartments around 10:30 a.m. for a report of a refrigerator on fire.
When they arrived, fire had spread to the ceiling.
The apartment resident called to report the fire. It was the quick reporting, fire officials say, that prevented the fire from spreading throughout the apartment complex.
Another apartment suffered smoke damage.
Copyright 2012 KSN