WICHITA, Kansas -- The Wichita Fire Department battled a two-alarm fire in west Wichita Wednesday.
It broke out just after 4:15 p.m. in the 200 block of North West Street at Hanna Heating and Air Conditioning.
The business closed for the day at 4:00 p.m.
" About 15 minutes later, I believe a passerby saw smoke coming from the building and alerted the employees that were in a separate business," said Lt. Joe Evan, Wichita Fire Department.
The fire was in the building that stored the heating and air conditioning equipment.Two other buildings are also on the property, but were not damaged.
There were hazardous materials in the building so special equipment was brought in to bring the fire under control.
Crews stayed overnight to watch hot spots.
Investigators still don't know what started the fire, but they estimate the fire caused $500,000 in damage to the building and another $500,000 in damage to contents.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The business was open today. The 80 employees worked from the other two buildings, and Hanna's Andover and Newton locations.